INtuitive Health is a team with one focus - our patients and their journey with us. We build leaders, and those who support and will work relentlessly at changing the way healthcare is accessed, delivered, and paid for. Everyone who joins us has a voice, and is a pivotal member of our team and the patient experience. If this sounds like a mantra you can get behind we want to hear from you. Please review the positions below and apply for open positions or future considerations.
FRONT OFFICE SERVICE MEMBERS | 1+ YEARS EXPERIENCE | Allen, McKinney and Frisco Texas.
The front desk staff is responsible greeting patients with a smile, answering the phone, entering information into the data base, and general clerical duties. In this position it is imperative you are able to consistently maintain a pleasant, professional demeanor and make patients always feel welcome. Ability to multi-task is a must.
· Greeting patients in a friendly, courteous and professional manner in both in person and over the phone.
· Check patients in and out.
· Verifying benefits, and collect copayments, coinsurance, deductibles.
· Assist staff and patients with clerical duties as needed, including: copying, scanning and faxing documents.
· Creating and maintaining patient files.
· Screen phone calls and direct to the appropriate individual. Take and direct messages as necessary.
· Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information.
· Confirm all paperwork is filled out correctly.
· Make sure front desk, waiting room area and children’s play are always clean and presentable.
· Assure a clean work environment. This may include duties often reserved for housekeeping services such as emptying trash, vacuuming, mopping floors and cleaning counters.
· Encourage a work environment that is friendly and respectful.
· Provide patients and their families with a customer focused, friendly reassuring open environment that encourages patients to return to Legacy ER & Urgent Care.
· Follow all HIPAA policies and procedures.
· Follow all company policies.
· Other duties as needed.
· Communication Proficiency.
· Collaboration Skills.
· Patient/Client Focus.
· Technical Capacity.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
· Ability to write simple correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information to patients and other employees in the organization.
· Basic math skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
· Ability to apply common sense to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
· Ability to deal with problems in standardized situations.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
· Minimum of 1 year experience in medical office setting a plus.
· Familiar with insurances and insurance verification.
· Knowledge and skills regarding all general office equipment including telephones, credit card machine and fax.
· Must be computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and to prioritize multiple demands effectively.
· Exceptional communication skills and customer service is required.
· Solid work history.
This position includes standing, walking, use of hands, reaching, sitting, talking and listening. This position may require lifting up to 10 pounds. There are no special vision requirements for this position.
This job operates in a healthcare setting. This role may routinely come into contact with patients who have contagious illnesses or diseases. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as telephones, laptop computers, smartphones, photocopiers, calculators and filing cabinets and has moderate noise exposure.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time | Part-time
· High school or equivalent
· Medical Receptionist: 1 year